This month, we turn our focus inward. Living through a Global Pandemic, Wild Fires, and political drama has been rough on everyone, leaving no person unaffected. Our anxieties have heightened due to fears about the world, whether we’re home or on the frontlines. Worry and stress are natural, but can sometimes lead to panic and unhealthy or even destructive behavior. At Benchmark Consulting, we encourage you to focus on what you can control to manage stress and anxiety during the pandemic and now wildfires.
Take Time For Yourself
Schools across the country transitioned to at-home learning in March, and, as Schools restart this month, some children will go back to the classroom, and others will remain at home, depending on specific district decisions. As parents continue to juggle new roles with their already busy schedules, the importance of taking time to decompress and relax is more important than ever.
Practice Mindfulness Meditation
Learning to practice mindfulness meditation together can help both parents and children deal with the stress and anxiety that comes along with navigating life during quarantine. Mindfulness is the mental state achieved by focusing awareness on the present moment, calmly acknowledging and accepting your feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. Creating regular, predictable schedules can also help bring order to what may feel like a chaotic time.
Get Outside – When the smoke clears, of course…
Looking for a mental boost? Get your mind back into gear by getting your body back into restorative environments, such as the great outdoors. Time outdoors, paired with exercise, can help ease anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges.
Through The Grapevine
- Dawn Bardessono, co-founded Benchmark Consulting in 1995, aspiring to combine her passion for the wine business with her expertise in attracting high-quality talent. Dawn oversees and takes the lead on all senior-level searches at Benchmark Consulting, utilizing her prior wine experience in the business and keen understanding of clients' needs to create lasting relationships
- Careers in WineMarch 10, 2021The Hundred Year Company
- Career InsightsAugust 26, 2020Our Focus: Peace of Mind
- HiringMay 6, 2020Now Is an Unprecedented Opportunity to Hire Great Talent…
- Careers in WineApril 8, 2020Ladies and Gentlemen Taking Care of Ladies and Gentlemen